|Job Title:||Project Officer – Gender and Equity Budgeting|
|Location :||UJCC Head Office Block 15 Gogonya Bypass – Nsambya, Kampala|
|Application Deadline :||28th June 2019|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One year and six months fixed contract|
|Purpose of the Job: Under overall guidance from the Programme Officer Gender, the Project Officer – Gender and Equity Budgeting will support the districts on gender mainstreaming in Public Financial Management. S/he will also support the review of the district development plans and budgets to ensure that they are gender and equity responsive. The Project Officer – Gender and Equity Budgeting will also work closely with the external consultants hired to review and develop district development plans. S/he shall support initiatives to develop capacity of district and sub county staff to interpret and implement the key provisions of Public Finance Management Act.|
|Uganda Joint Christian Council is a faith based ecumenical organization that was established in 1963 and registered as a trustee under the trustees’ incorporation Act. Its current membership comprises the church of Uganda, the Roman Catholic Church and the Uganda Orthodox Church, which together constitute about 78% of Uganda’s population. UJCC was established after Uganda’s independence in 1962 at a time when the country was undergoing a transition politically, economically and socially. Uganda Joint Christian Council (UJCC) is an associate and affiliated to All Africa Conference of Churches (AACC) and the World Council of Churches (WCC).
Vision: A world where Christians jointly witness to bring about integral transformation
Mission: The mission of UJCC is to promote consensus among Christians in Uganda to uphold Christian values and address issues of socio-economic justice and other matters of concern through joint research, advocacy and networking.
UJCC strategic plan (2018-2023) focuses on key priority areas: a) Ecumenism & Interfaith
b) Social protection c) Peace building & humanitarian support, c) Good governance and d) Institutional capacity building
With funding DGF, UJCC is supporting two Local Governments in Lango Region (Lira and Amolatar Districts) in strengthening their capacity develop and implement Gender and Equity responsive plans and budgets in line with the Public Finance Management Act (2015) and to ensure that government laws, policies and regulations are implemented effectively in the local governments.
|The Project Officer will perform the following key functions:
Gender mainstreaming in district and sub county plans and budgets
1. Coordinate the development and implement training materials and programmes on gender-responsive budgeting by linking with the PFMA
2. Develop capacity of local government departments on gender-responsive budgeting linked with the Public Finance Management Act by using the gender sensitive budgeting materials and manuals to help staff to apply principles and concepts of gender responsive monitoring, planning and budgeting
3. Provide ongoing support to selected districts and sub counties to conduct results-based sector budget review and integrate the analysis in the budget review and planning process.
4. Support Uganda Joint Christian Council in review and development of relevant guidelines for gender responsive programming.
1. Identify and develop capacity of local government gender staff on gender responsive budgeting linking with the PFM.
2. Work with external consultants to provide guidance to local government departments to conduct gender analysis within respective departments.
3. Coach and mentor district and sub county staff on gender analysis and budgeting, integration of gender issues in policies and plans, and on monitoring progress.
Documentation and knowledge management
1. Document the process of consultation and participation with Technical Planning Committees of local governments, Ministries and Agencies.
2. Coordinate development of gender budget knowledge products.
3. Facilitate knowledge sharing, guidance and promote exchange of skills.
|Knowledge Management and Learning
1. Ability to generate timely and results based reports
2. Actively work towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
1. Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to policy development and monitoring, gender and statistics, training, advocacy and capacity development
2. Sound knowledge of local government structures and regulation
3. Sound knowledge of local government planning and budgeting processes
Leadership and Self-Management
Focuses on result and responds responsively to feedback
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Remains calms, in control and good humoured even under pressure
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Good team player and willing to take on additional responsibilities
|1. Degree in Public Administration and Management, Economics, Finance or Development and Gender Studies
2. At least 5 years of professional experiences in gender sensitive budgeting
3. Good understanding and relevant working experiences on public finance management reforms in Uganda.
4. Experience in social science qualitative and quantitative research and resource mobilization.
5. Experiences in providing quality advices and capacity development for government institutions
6. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
7. Fluency in English
|To apply for this job, please hand deliver your application to Uganda Joint Christian Council Secretariat Office at Plot 1554, Block 15 Gogonya Bypass – Nsambya, P.O Box 30154, Kampala, Telephone: +256-414-580-088. Applications should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, Uganda Joint Christian Council. The deadline for receiving applications is 5:00 PM 11th July 2019.|