http://ujcc.co.ug/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Logo-new.jpg 0 0 admin http://ujcc.co.ug/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Logo-new.jpg admin2017-03-24 08:18:402017-03-24 08:18:40UJCC CONDUCTS A CONSULTATIVE MEETING ON THE CONSTITUTION (AMENDMENT) BILL, 2015 IN MBARARA DISTRICT
The purpose of the meeting was to provide a platform for stakeholders to discuss Government proposals for amending the Constitution of Uganda 1995 as contained in the above mentioned Bill with a view to making recommendations for subsequent presentation to Parliament by UJCC.
Proposed Amendments discussed were;
- Part 1 – Amendment of Chapter five of the Constitution – Representation of the people.
- Part II – Amendment of Chapter six of the Constitution – The Legislature
- Part III – Amendment of Chapter Eight of the Constitution – The Judiciary.
- Part IV – Amendment of Chapter thirteen of the Constitution – Inspectoral of Government
- Part V – Amendment of chapter fifteen of the Constitution – Land and Environment
- Part VI – Amendment of Chapter seventeen of the Constitution – General and miscellaneous